CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
 Pregnancy Ticker

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Summer is coming... get out your sunscreen... please!

So as I was surfing the web today I found this very disturbing and eye opening artical.

http://lifestyle.ca.msn.com/health-fitness/health/hearst-article.aspx?cp-documentid=23560427

Growing up I was always told to put on sunscreen, I did when my parents where there to put it on me but now I dont always.. saying.. "I don't burn! I just tan" well I think this summer I will be lathering on the SPF 30 or more!

In this artical is says "Melanoma is the second most frequently reported cancer in women in their 20s, and it's third only to breast and thyroid cancers for women in their 30s, reports the National Cancer Institute. "Melanoma is one of the few forms of cancer that's on the rise," says Dr. Rigel." you still dont hear about it as much. (I think anyways)

People should be educated more on skin cancers and other cancers. every time I hear the word Cancer I cringe... it's a scary word and a scary disease. But it's part of this world and we should educate ourselves.

1 comment:

  1. huh, that's scarier than I thought, I'm afraid now... I got WAY too much sun in Hawaii, eek!

    ReplyDelete